Wheatgrass is high in chlorophyll and many vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Test-tube and animal studies have found that it’s antioxidant content may prevent oxidative stress and cell damage and even may help lower blood cholesterol levels, blood sugar. Packed with chlorophyll, some studies suggest wheatgrass juice may even treat many inflammatory conditions but human studies are needed. Other studies show wheatgrass may kill cancer cells and reduce cancer development. Also, one human study found that it may reduce complications of chemotherapy.Some animal studies have found that wheatgrass may help decrease blood sugar levels, though more human studies are needed. Wheatgrass can be consumed a variety of ways but juicing it or blending the blades with a small amount of water and straining it is a great way to do it. Some tote the benefits of wheatgrass a powerful detox and fat-burner. Add a little lemon juice, orange juice or coconut water and enjoy! It’s quite easy to add to your diet. (source)
CAUTION: IF YOU HAVE KNOWN WHEATGRASS OR GRASS ALLERGIES, CONSUMING WHEATGRASS IS NOT RECOMMENDED AND MAY TRIGGER ALLERGIC REACTION.
This Living Wheatgrass product is grown from Non-GMO, Certified Organic Seed only. This variety is a hard red, spring wheat. Seed is Handy Pantry brand & perfect for daily juicing. It is packaged in a 16 oz container.
Flavor Description: The familiar intense sweetness that wheatgrass is known for. When sprouted Organic wheat can have a sweet nutty flavor. A sugary sweetness with a mild bitter aftertaste.
Harvest & Care of Living Wheatgrass:
- Place your wheatgrass in a warm (65-68 degree F) well ventilated environment. Indirect light is best.
- Your wheatgrass will be delivered in a compostable container that will allow for bottom watering of the rootmat. Avoid wetting the blades of your grass or pouring water over the top of the soil.
- Harvest your wheatgrass, using a sharp knife or scissors once it is 5-8 inches tall. If you cut it too early you won’t allow it to reach its nutritional peak and it tastes extremely sweet. If you cut it too late, the taste is bitter. Trim the blades about 1/2 inch above the soil surface with clean, sharp scissors.
- Harvest what you need for juicing that day OR harvest all of it and save it in the refrigerator.
- Harvested wheatgrass will last 7-8 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container or mason jar.
- The lifespan of your wheatgrass is about 2-3 weeks. During this time it is possible if the conditions are right for it to regrow after initial harvest. (some people are able to get up to 3 cuttings but results do vary!)DO NOT OVER WATER! Provide just a tablespoon of non-chlorinated water every other day or so. Do not let roots sit in water.
If at all possible. rovide good airflow around the wheatgrass, such as a fan that circulates air around the plant. Keep your wheatgrass in a climate of 65 to 68 degrees Fahrenheit.
There are no reviews yet.